Foundation

The history of the foundation of the Faculty of Engineering goes back to 1939 when the School of Engineering at Gordon Memorial College was established under the supervision of the Department of Education. It awarded at that time, Diploma of Engineering Studies. The School developed to be a University College under a scheme of dual relationship with University of London in 1947 and eventually as s Faculty of Engineering and Architecture of the University of Khartoum science the foundation of the latter in 1956.The Faculty of Engineering and Architecture is located within the main University campus, on the Western side.